The Illawong club spirit was again to the fore over the weekend at the ANSW state relays.
The club had 37 teams compete over the weekend, 26 teams finish in the first four and we brought home 15 team medals.
An absolutely outstanding club and team effort.
- Two Open State Titles in the Men's 4 x 100m and the Women's high jump.
- Victory also in the U/18 Women's high jump.
- A silver rush in the Open Women's 4 x 100m, 4 x 200m and 4 x 400m. So close were these three teams to victory that the cumulative difference across the three events was less than one second.
- Silver also in the U/20 Women's 4 x 100m, U/16 Women's 4 x 200m and and the U/18 Women's Javelin.
- Bronze medals to U/18 Men's High Jump, U/20 Women's 4 x 200m, U/14 Women's 4 x 100m,U/16 Men's 4 x 400m, U/14 Men's 4 x 200 and certainly not least the Masters Men's Shot Put.
As always all our athletes were outstanding, running out of their age group, filling in and most of all giving their all the club.
A special thanks to all the team managers who spend hours organising teams, confirming and reconfirming teams over the past three weeks.
A very special thanks to the Dooleys, Michael and John for their efforts not only as coaches but as team organisers and coordinators. Without their efforts much of the Illawong weekend would not have been possible.